An Outsider's view on the amazing BLOG!

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Back in INDIA.... the real world??

Well Sri Lanka is beautiful this time of the year.... the hills, the smell of tea saturating the air every second of every day, the ability of being a foreingner in a land so similar to your own and the highlight of my trip..... my absolute new found love for a certain natural phenomenon called "WATERFALLS".... Tonnes of them springing up from every nook and cranny of the fluid impregnated hills, as we made our way up to kandy and newara elia. Beauty at its second best as i put it.... second to the english country side of course but sri lanka presented me with something i can never compare to the fields of stratford-on-avon... and waterfalls definately add to sri lanka's score sheet!
As we landed in Hyderabad, over shooting the colourful brigade of rockets and other fireworks that serve to represent the festival of diwali ...i realised that no matter where life takes me or which nation's emblem is stamped onto my passport, it's the place i call home that moulds me the most. I will learn several lessons and frame mental images as i walk through life away from home that will affect the way i live at home and vice versa and yet i choose to ignore my past in order to create my "ideal future". In the process i miss the present .... taking the memories that will soon be lost as vague recollections that prop up whenever i stumble upon something remotely familiar. I can't seem to remember details of events in my life that i have lived and once enjoyed or detested, in fact i'm beginning to loose sight of the larger picture too and what has replaced them are these distorted, semi-true markers. Too bad I didnt start blogging earlier... !!

It sucks to have been trying so hard to control every piece of your life... contemplating and evaluating the consequences of actions that still remain untaken.. it leaves this acrid taste in my mouth after it hits me that i just missed the future that i spent hours planning once upon a time......

I guess stories that end with once upon a time dont equate happily ever after .....

The End.

2 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wat up? glad you enjoyed yourself. you sound like one of those people i find very entertaining to read. i dunno wat they're called. but like i said before, your writing rocks! lol. how you been? should email you about the going ons here, but my website is giving me such trouble, that i'm waiting for all that to finish before i actually start sending out greetings and well wishes. so.....drop by the site once it's ready. :D

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger General Disarray said...

I know Hindi phillum heroines also find waterfalls (or water falling; whichever is easily available at short notice) VERY appealing.
You think too much. I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing- yet. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home