An Outsider's view on the amazing BLOG!

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Proverbial Justification

All good things come to those who wait,
Am I holding on to it as a safety net?
I don’t wish to fall into a space where
I can’t deal with what I get rather than expect.
Content are those who have nothing
Must I resort to this to stop the tears?
Poor little rich girl who has nothing to give but
Her words of stupid stature.

Love lifts us up where we belong
So does that mean I’m lower than dirt?
I’m jaded by the thought of never being prone
To something as universal as Belonging.
Patience is a virtue best learnt
I scuttle through that lesson…. Can’t seem to find anything there

What did Aesop know about morals?
I devoured proverbs like cotton candy.
They melt like air on my tongue leaving a pale discolouration
There’s nothing to be learnt from something that not there!

3 Comments:

At 10:06 AM, Blogger General Disarray said...

Is this a recently written poem, or an old one? I shall comment based on the reply.

 
At 9:52 PM, Blogger coiledroundmyfinger said...

it was written about a month ago... i thought it worthy enough to be posted now!

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger General Disarray said...

Ah! In that case, no comment! Lol!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home