An Outsider's view on the amazing BLOG!

Monday, August 13, 2007

Horse..you can have your Blinders Back!

There are certain things in life that we can predict. Although some would certainly beg to differ ..well screw all you fatalists! I think we should read signs more often and listen to that voice in our heads more often. Why I say this is only to stress on the fact that today we humans are completely smothering an ancient art that is on the brink of extinction now because of the continous need for us to PLAN, ASSORT, PRIORITIZE and MANAGE our lives beforehand. We are extinguishing the greatest part of being alive by forgetting what living in the moment feels like.

Why is it that people so often use the phrase "Stop and smell the roses!"? Probably because in today's chaotic existance, the roses have to be torn off their beds , processed, packed and delivered to your match box apartment for you to even realize that flowers still grow. I am not suggesting a renunciation of all material, worldly traits to blindly accept a Bohemian lifestyle. History has shown us how that turned out for the Hippies. But why must we feel guilty about cutting out a sliver of the day to satiate the heart rather than saturating the head? I should be able to pick up a damn guitar and sing my vocal chords dry at 3 A.M if that's what it takes to feel like myself once in a while.
I should be able to provide results without being hounded about what means I took to get there.
I should be able to experience mistakes rather than observe them to know what life truly is.
So why do we spend all our lives in the safe, packing in soft coushining for a possible fall? Where did all the free spirits fly to? Should we classify "Chance:" and "Risk" as mythological characters alongside Hera and Prometheus?
Was Pink Flloyd right when he said we dont need thought control?
How ever will I find the answers to these questions if I'm meant to be somewhere else, doing something socially productive in the financial, educational sense of the term?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home